Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

When I try and open my emails on my laptop I'm gettind a

When I try and open my emails on my laptop I'm gettind a message saying my Data file Outlook.ost cannot be opened
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: You are talking to an 'antique' with precious little knowledge of terminology! I think I'm trying via Outlook!
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: I don't think so - it was all fine yesterday!
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a business/ work email with Outllok (*****@******.***) and a personal account with the same email address and also an email (*****@******.***) which I think is synced.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Michelle and I will be assisting you today.
I will try my best to assist you.

If I understand, You are facing trouble opening outlook due to outlook ost file error. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer? Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11 or Macos

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I think I will need remote assistance
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What happens now then ?

Click here to start the remote session----->http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8faabcee-0f02-4622-b6db-0cbafaa1dc66
In the page that opens, you will see JustAnswer Remote Desktop. Scroll down the page and click on "I Agree".
It will download a file Elsinore screen connect exe at bottom of screen.
Once its downloaded, open\run the file. You can double click on it to run it.
Once it starts to run, it will ask,"Do you want to allow the file to make changes?" Choose the allow/yes option.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I don’t want to do this on my phone - I’d need remote assistance on my PC

open this link below in a browser on pc

https://bit.ly/3qVTsGN