Josh
Josh, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Acer aspire turns off on fully charged battery when

Customer Question

Acer aspire turns off on fully charged battery when unplugged from power supply
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Aspire?
Customer: windows 10
JA: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes and I've tried several Youtube solutions unsuccessfully
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to Justanswer.com, an independent paid question and answer platform that is home to the best experts in the world! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

I understand how frustrating your issue can be but I will try to work as fast as possible to a resolution to your issue. With that being said, please view the steps below to fix your issue. If the initial steps do not fix your issue, please reply back and I will continue to assist you.

---------------------------

This type of issue is usually one of 3 things: the charging cable is bad and needs to be replaced, the outlet is not working and you need to try a new one, or the charging port on the device needs to be repaired/replaced.

To start, try replacing the cable and using a different outlet to see if that resolves the issue. If it does not resolve the issue then you will need to have the charging port repaired/replaced at a local repair shop. If you go that route, they will quote you a price and you can determine if the repair is worth the cost of it or if it is better to upgrade your device.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have tried all your suggestions already unsuccessfully
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

Have you spoken to a local repair shop?

Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

Hi again!

I have not heard back from you after my last message/steps. Please feel free to take more time to complete the steps above and if you still have the issue or if you need more help/clarification, you can reply back here and I will assist you further. I will be alerted if you reply here and I will respond back as soon as possible. Enjoy the rest of your day/evening!