Joseph Newman
Joseph Newman, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Lead Technician at Maryville City Schools
107060210

Printer XP-645 indicating scanner error, My Epson printer

Printer XP-645 indicating scanner error
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: My Epson printer XP-654 indicating 'scanner error'. Please advise
JA: How long has this been going on with your XP-654?
Customer: Two days
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Not known
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, I am Joseph. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply soon.

If you have any more information about your question you would like me to know about, please send me another message. If I have all the details about the question, then I can give a more precise accurate answer.

I'm sorry you are having issues with your scanner. Can you please tell me what model computer you are trying to print to?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
zoostorm

Is that a Windows or Mac computer?

Experience: Lead Technician at Maryville City Schools
Please follow the instructions using a windows computer to start a remote session.

The link for the secure remote tool is given below.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=642f607f-bad4-4e81-ad70-c7573c79c6ae

Procedure:

1: Click on the above link

2: On the next page, click the green button which says "I Agree" and the file will start to download.

3: The name of the file will be "Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client.exe". Double click on the file downloaded to start the remote session.

Run the tool only once.

Let me know if you have any issues in running the tool.

Usually reinstalling the printer will fix this issue.  Go to control panel and devices and printers.  Locate the printer and click on it and select remove.  After that, you would need to go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest software for the printer.  Download it and then install it.  During the installation process, it will help you connect the printer to the network and then connect it to the computer.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you. Scanner error seems to be corrected.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Fault seems to have been corrected.
Thank you for assistance.

Thank you for reaching out and letting me answer your question.  I hope you have a good day!