Anas
Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  System Engineer and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

I want to get back my hotmail email, on phone but i havw

Customer Question

Hello i want to get back my hotmail email
JA: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on phone but i havw changed the phone and now i cant open my hotmail on my new phone because i dont have my phone number i have registered to email
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: To open email it asks for the code they sent to my phone number but now i have another number and i dont have acess to my old number
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: its very important to get back my email because i have more than 4 years im using it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anas replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your Hotmail account.

Expert:  Anas replied 18 days ago.

Could you try to reset your Hotmail account password ***** use the new password ***** log in to your account using the reset tool given below?

Open the link and enter your Hotmail account address or phone number there. It will take you to a page where it will try to verify you as the account owner. So please enter the required verification details there. If it can verify you, then it will give you the option to reset your password ***** recover your account. Please remember to use a device and the browser you used in the past to access Microsoft so it will be easier to reset your password. If you are not able to reset the password ***** the recovery options stated there, then on the recovery screen please click " show more verification methods" and check if you can access the code via another recovery option if it is connected before. Once you reset the password, then use the new password ***** log in to your Microsoft account. Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Expert:  Anas replied 18 days ago.

Were you able to reset the password?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No i cant because it asks the some things that i dont remember exactly
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
For example the email i have sent recently and th subject .
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Its very difficult for me to remember these
Expert:  Anas replied 18 days ago.

If you are still not able to reset your password, then you need to fill out a form and submit it to Microsoft. Provide as much information as possible to them, and if they verify you as the account owner, they will help you to reset the password. Then Microsoft will verify your account and contact you later (24-48 hours). Keep in mind that if they can't verify you, they will not assist you in resetting the password. Please click the following link to access the recovery form directly.

Please click the link below for video instructions to recover your account if you don't have access to sign-in information(Please watch the video to recover your account using the form)

Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I tried with the link you sent to me but some information i dont remember . And these information are “to write the last emails i have sent and their subjects. Its impossible for me to remember these while the other information i puted okay
Expert:  Anas replied 18 days ago.

I am really sorry for the difficulty. Please click the link below for a video walkthrough of the reset steps to reset your Hotmail account password.

Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I did this steps and i puted only 1 email I remember i have sent and only 1 subject and the microsoft sent me email in the email i used to recover my email that i have not put enough information to verify my email
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Please help me
Expert:  Anas replied 18 days ago.

I am really sorry for the difficulty. If the above method didn't work, I am afraid there are no other ways to recover your account, and you may need to create and use a new account. Microsoft takes account of privacy and security very seriously and will return the account back only when you provide enough accurate information to prove that you are the rightful owner. Unfortunately, if you can’t use the provided method to prove ownership of the account Microsoft will not give it to you. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Please do understand these systems are secure and I can only provide a true and correct answer to your situation. I understand you are frustrated and probably won't like the answer but that is the only correct answer. Sorry wished I had another solution here for this issue. And any other expert would tell you the same option. Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully, it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again. I hope you understand the situation.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
But i cant use new email because i have used my old email for everything in my life , for work for school. And the most important is that im waiting one important email for my future . And it will arrive to this email i cant log in. And im feeling bad because i know my email and my password ***** i dont know why microsoft wants to log in with phone number
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This is the email that microsoft sent to me after i did the steps to recover
Expert:  Anas replied 18 days ago.

Then I am afraid there are no other options to recover your account. I can understand your frustration. Firstly I am not affiliated with Microsoft support and hence I do not have access to your account details. I request you to contact Microsoft Support Team over the phone or via chat and report the issue and also inform them that you have filled the account recovery form. Please click the link given below to contact Microsoft support.

OR

Please dial the following:

• ***-***-****

Speak with an agent and let them know what's going on and they should be able to further assist you. I am really sorry for the troubles you are facing. Sorry wished I had another easy solution here for this issue. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Anas replied 18 days ago.

Please click the link below for detailed instructions from Microsoft regarding account recovery.

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news. Bad news situations are difficult to handle. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers understand that we are just messengers in this situation. Thank you very much for understanding the situation.