Anikesh G
Anikesh G, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  SAP Customer Relationship Management Consultant at Wipro Technologies
108948392

I have a new phone and I can’t get any emails, I’m checking

Customer Question

I have a new phone and I can’t get any emails
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: I’m checking from email client Gmx.com
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: No it was ok till I swapped phones
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how much will it cost
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 11 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** Thank you for posting your query in JustAnswer.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question to ensure that I don't miss anything.

Expert:  Anikesh G replied 11 days ago.

Could you please send yourself a test email to check if you're able to receive emails or not?

Expert:  Anikesh G replied 10 days ago.

Without the information requested  in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

Check your Junk Email folder

• In your Outlook.com folder list, choose the Junk Email folder and look for the missing email.
  • If there are messages that shouldn't have been marked as junk, right-click each email and then choose Mark as not junk. The message will automatically be moved to your inbox.

Clean out your inbox

• If your inbox is full, you won't receive new messages. To make room in your inbox, try emptying your junk folder by right-clicking Junk Email > Empty folder.
  • You can also sweep unwanted email from your inbox or archive folders. Sweep lets you automatically delete all incoming email from a particular sender, keep only the latest message from that sender, or delete email from that sender that's older than 10 days. Select a message you want to sweep, and select Sweep .
  • Saving photos and documents to OneDrive is another good way to make room in your inbox. 

Check your inbox filter and sort settings

If your inbox is filtering based on categories or if your sort order is different than usual, you might not see the messages you expect to see. Filtering and sorting are accessible at the top of your message list.

• For filtering, select Filter, then select what type of messages you want to see.

• For sorting, select Filter > Sort by then what you want to sort by.

To look for recent messages, sort by Date. To look for messages from a specific person, sort by From. You can reverse the sort order by choosing the option again.

I hope this helps.