Anas
Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  System Engineer and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

I can't remember my password for my email on micro soft, I'm

Customer Question

Hi I can't remember my password ***** my email on micro soft
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: I'm trying to log in I've got a new phone
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: Yes but it's an old mobile number that's why I can't sign in properly
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm trying to get to***@******.*** on my new phone
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your password.

Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Just to confirm, have you forgotten your Hotmail account password?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Could you try to reset your Hotmail account password ***** use the new password ***** log in to your account using the reset tool given below?

Open the link and enter your Hotmail account address or phone number there. It will take you to a page where it will try to verify you as the account owner. So please enter the required verification details there. If it can verify you, then it will give you the option to reset your password ***** recover your account. Please remember to use a device and the browser you used in the past to access Microsoft so it will be easier to reset your password. If you are not able to reset the password ***** the recovery options stated there, then on the recovery screen please click " show more verification methods" and check if you can access the code via another recovery option if it is connected before. Once you reset the password, then use the new password ***** log in to your Microsoft account. Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No I've tried it's got my old mobile number on it
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

I am really sorry for the difficulty. Is it possible for you to call the phone number linked to the account and see if someone answers it? If so, please ask them for the code and use that to reset the password.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No I will sort out myself thank you
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

You are very welcome! I'm sorry you're in this situation. I have checked the account and found that there are no other recovery options connected with your email account. Microsoft takes account of privacy and security very seriously and will return the account only when you provide enough accurate information to prove that you are the rightful owner. Unfortunately, if you can't use the provided method to prove ownership of the account, Microsoft will not give it to you. Keeping your recovery options up to date is extremely important since that is your only way back. There is no other way to verify the account unless you have the backup codes written down or other recovery options set up before.

Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

In this case, you can fill and submit the Account recovery form given below to recover the account, and the Microsoft team will get back to you regarding the account recovery. (Please make sure you submit the form given below to recover the account)

Enter as many details as possible to prove that you are the true owner of the Microsoft account. After you submit the form, Microsoft will review your request and usually email you within 2 business days to let you know if your account can be restored or not. Your only option is to wait until Microsoft reviews the account recovery request you submitted. If they can verify the ownership using the information you provided, they will contact you at the email address that you provided. Since this is an account security issue waiting is your only option. Please understand that I don't have access to your account details to reset it myself for you, and I can only give the steps to you so you try to reset it yourself as you are the account owner and I can only provide truthful information, and I am just messenger. Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully, it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again. I'm sure this is very frustrating for you. Sorry, I wish I had another solution here for this issue. Any other expert would tell you the same option. I hope you understand the situation. Please click the link below for detailed instructions from Microsoft regarding the account recovery form.

Another option is you can create a new Microsoft account and use that account. Would you like to do that?

Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

Please click the link below for a video walkthrough of the reset steps to reset your Hotmail account password.

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support or 5-star service. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. Have a wonderful day!
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi it's Pauline wadlow we spoke the other day when I was having trouble getting my email account back I payed a £5 for Ur help I now learn you took £35 pounds as well yesterday or today I would like that money put back into my account as I didn't sign up for a substription you had no right to take that money Pauline wadlow
Expert:  Anas replied 8 days ago.

I am sorry, I don't have control over the payments or service costs. I am just tech on this website. I have no access to any of your personal information, payment information, or accounts, or any control over the billing. For payment or account-related issues like cancelation, refund, subscription, etc. please contact our account and billing customer support via the link below.

You can also call the billing customer support
  • United Kingdom 0808(###) ###-####/li>
  • Ireland 1800 760 906
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas