Anas
Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  System Engineer and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

Can’t recover my account, iPad is Apple desktop is Packard

Can’t recover my account
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: iPad is Apple desktop is Packard bell
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?
Customer: Don’t understand question
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: What is an os or mac
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried to reconnect wants me to open new email account
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your account.

Could you please tell me what account you are trying to recover? (like  Amazon account, Roku account, Samsung account, Netflix, Apple ID, or any other service)

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
how do i add new password ***** my ipad
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
cant you just tell me

Could you please tell me what account password ***** are trying to recover? (like Amazon account, Roku account, Samsung account, Netflix, Apple ID, or any other service)

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i have created a new pass word for my hotmail account which now works on my desk top but cant seem to do same on my ipad
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
are you still there Anas

Are you trying to access your Hotmail account(emails) on the iPad?

Yes, I'm here to help you to fix this issue. Just to confirm, are you trying to access your Hotmail account(emails) on the iPad?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
but the in box shows empty on ipad but full on desk top

Do you have the Outlook app on your iPad?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
dont think so

Please follow the steps given below to install the Microsoft Outlook app on your iPad.

1. On your iPad, please open the App Store app from your home screen.
  2. Tap the Search option at the bottom right corner and type Microsoft Outlook.
  3. Select the Microsoft Outlook app there.
  4. Tap the Get button to download the App.
  5. Open the Microsoft Outlook from the home screen and sign in with your Hotmail account there.

OR

Click the link given below to download the Microsoft Outlook app from Appstore.

​Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ok still step 4 but requires ios 14.0 or later to download

I am really sorry for the difficulty. On your iPad, could you try to access your Hotmail account via browser using the link below?

Open the link and try to sign in with your Hotmail account. Please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thanks making progress my emails have appeared on the internet page how do i open them on email page

You are very welcome! If you are unable to access your emails on the Mail app, it is possible that your iPad has lost connection with the email server. So you can remove the account and add it back and this will make the iPad to re-establish the email connection back.

Please follow the steps given below to fix the issue.

Step 1: Open the Settings App from your Home screen.

Step 2: Select the Mail option from the list. If using old iOS, then you may see Accounts and Passwords OR Mail, Contacts, Calendar.

Step 3: Select Accounts.

Step 4: Select your email account.

Step 5: Select remove account. Skip to the next step if you don't see an account to delete and then add it.

(Please keep in mind this will delete the emails from the iPad but the emails will be re-downloaded back when you add the account back if they are available on the server. Also, you must add it back with the correct password)

Step 6: Select Add Account and select your email account to add.

Please make sure you add it back with the correct password. It will add your email account to your iPad, and you can send and receive it now. Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
hello Anas have i explained properly to you

May I know what happens when you follow the above instructions?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
sorry your reply did not appear on desk top so can you send again please

Sure! If you are unable to access your emails on the Mail app, it is possible that your iPad has lost connection with the email server. So you can remove the account and add it back and this will make the iPad to re-establish the email connection back.

Step 3: Select Accounts.

Step 4: Select your email account.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
arrived at step 4 comes up outlook account unable to verify account information

It seems like the Hotmail account is not compatible with your iPad due to the old IOS(security issue). Please follow the instructions below to add the Hotmail account to your Mail app. Please follow the steps below to generate an app-specific password

1. Go to the Security basics page and sign in to your Microsoft/Hotmail account using the link given below.
  2. Link- https://account.microsoft.com/security
  3. Select Advanced security options
  4. Make sure Two-step verification is enabled ( If not please setup Two-step verification).
  5. Under App passwords, select Create a new app password. A new app password ***** ***** and appears on your screen.
  6. Enter this app password ***** of your normal Hotmail account password ***** the Mail application while signing in.

Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
sorry cant find security basics page is it under another name

You can click on the link to go to that page. (link-https://account.microsoft.com/security)

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
sorry that does not work either

May I know what happens when you try to sign in with the App password?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
can i speak to anyone direct
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
comes up access denied

Then I am afraid your only option is to access your Hotmail account via your web browser. Just to confirm, did you enter the app-specific password ***** the password ***** on your iPad?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
no did not get that far

Were you able to generate the App-specific password?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
just a tthought if i pay the £22 do you think you can fix it

Please let me inform you that secure remote assistance will not work on your iPad. Were you able to generate the App-specific password?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
no afraid not

Please follow the steps below on your computer.

1. Go to the Security basics page using the link given below and sign in to your Microsoft/Hotmail account there.
  3. Select Advanced security options

Are you able to do that?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
access to no 3 is denied
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thanks for trying to help me i think i need to buy a new ipad

You are very welcome! Did you try the instructions on your tablet?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

That is why you are getting the Access denied message(due to the old IOS on your iPad). Could you please try them on your computer/phone?

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support or 5-star service. In case you don't feel that I provided what you expected or you aren't satisfied, or if my solutions didn't work, please let me know by replying here. I will keep working with you until your issues are resolved, or until you are totally satisfied. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. Have a wonderful day!
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas