ExpLari
ExpLari,
Experience:  Expert
117177496

I've just bought a lenovo legion yesterday, s/N PF338XTZ. My

Hello. I've just bought a lenovo legion yesterday, s/N PF338XTZ. My issue is that when I connect to Internet it seems to knock the Internet out plus other devices
JA: What computer or device are you having trouble syncing?
Customer: Lenovo legion
JA: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Lenovo legion 5,
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since yesterday. Tried connecting to internet
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just the connection to Internet, to stop it knocking me out and other devices

Hello, I am Larimar Caldera. Your computer expert, it is a pleasure for me to answer your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear user, what operating system do you currently have on your Lenovo?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Legion 5

sorry, I am referring to the operating system not the model of the laptop i.e. maybe Linux, Windows or some other operating system?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Windows 11

Ok thank you very much wait a moment while i gather information

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Serial number is *****

Excuse me, can you also tell me if you are connecting your laptop via wireless or direct network cable and what brand and model of modem or router you have?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm connecting via wifi
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Model of router is DSL - 3782
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello are you still there

Thanks for waiting, let's try the following connect your lenovo laptop to the wifi network and if it disconnects the other devices do not disconnect the lenovo just turn off the reuter, wait 10 seconds and turn it back on.

If by doing this and having internet connection again you maintain the connection on your laptop and other devices the problem is solved, otherwise we will try other alternatives.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Right so I did the procedure as you stated it cut me off plus other devices too. I turned off router waited over 10 seconds turned back on. All devices are OK but lapto not

I understand, I am sorry to hear that, we will look for another alternative.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No it's not having any of it. Needed to turn connection off on laptop to maintain this device so I can chat to you

Dear user it seems to be a problem of incompatibility between your wifi configuration and the lenovo laptop, this is very unusual so we will try a factory reset of the router, do you know how to do it?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No never done that tbh

Ok don't worry I will guide you through the procedure.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Does your router look exactly like this?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It has the first 2 lights staying green and 3rd and fourth flickering against each other, all green 5 and 6 no light at all

if so then the back of your reuter is as shown on the screen, look for a pin or something as thin and strong as that.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK. I've just looked at back. Is it the reset hole. I'm presuming it is

Insert the pin through the hole that says "reset" and press it a little bit, feel it press a button and hold it down with the pin until all the lights turn off and then turn on again,

in some cases it takes an average of 10 seconds.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK going to do this now
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK. That's done.

Dear user, Has the problem been solved?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We will find out. I'm just going to turn on laptop wifi
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No it's knocked out again all devices. Showing up on laptop secured, so turned WiFi off on laptop and all devices back on but laptop as I turned it off
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry to be a pain mate

If the problem persists the next possible solution would be to update all the drivers of the laptop, if you do not know how to do it or how to identify if the drivers are updated or not you can try installing drivebooster on your PC through the following link you can download it completely free of charge

https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

After installing it run it and proceed to perform an analysis at the end will give the button to update each driver available to update once you finish restart the laptop and try again to connect your devices with the laptop, if the problem still persists will have to take the laptop to the dealer or authorized agent Lenovo nearest along with your reuter and one of the devices that are disconnected so they themselves can see the problem and give solution as it would be incompatibility problem.

Do not worry dear user, I am here to serve you, I will be waiting for you to finish the installation, analysis and driver update process in case you get stuck or have any doubts.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Running laptop off my mobile
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just downloaded the link and running now

Ok sounds good, when you finish installing and updating the drivers, or if you have any questions please let me know.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Cheers. It seems to be running OK using my mobile just getting to grips with this what you said to download

if the laptop is working properly when connected to your mobile, then the theory that your problem is due to an incompatibility between the reuter and the laptop becomes stronger.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just to let you know I have another lenovo thinkpad and have no issues with that one what so ever.

If I understand perfectly, these problems are mostly due to the components of each laptop are mostly all different is unusual that laptops of different models but with the same brand have the same components for wireless connection among others.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It's saying I have 14 drivers to update but have to purchase to get them which I'm not going to do

Do not do it if you have already finished updating the drivers that you could update for free do not bother with the others

now please restart your laptop and try to connect it to the wifi network.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for being honest. Yes it's defiantly stating to upgrade to get drivers. It says mediate WiFi 6 mt7921 wireless lan card,
AMD audio coprocessor
Etc etc
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
To upgrade to get these
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm just rebooting as it states this so see how we go lol

always to serve you to the best of my ability

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thanks for that. As you say if it still does not work then I'll go back to currys
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It says no networks found
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
On laptop

give it a moment, make sure the laptop antenna is activated, or try turning off the laptop antenna, turn it back on and try again.

And yes, if this does not work, you should take the laptop to the nearest Lenovo authorized agent or head office as indicated.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'll take back to curry's as I bought it there yesterday

Dear user, I wish I could be of more help, but I have exhausted all the resources I had to solve your problem from here.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @ExpLari Kind regards, Larimar

Have a good day

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it. Same to you also

Always a pleasure