Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Apple car play not working, 15.5, weve had the car for 6

Customer Question

Apple car play not working
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: 15.5
JA: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: weve had the car for 6 months
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It comes and goes. We never know if it will connect or not
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 20 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know which vehicle you have own?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Mini electric

Do you get any error messages?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you have a query relating to Apple Car Play which has stopped working on your vehicle. I have found there are a number of reasons that could cause this to occur but I would recommend we start with taking some simple steps which usually can resolve that matter at hand and to do so, please see the instructions I have attached below to assist you further. 

1. Try restarting the iPhone and the infotainment system
  2. Try using a new USB cable,
  3. Ensure Siri and CarPlay are enabled on your device. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew