Anikesh G
Anikesh G, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  SAP Customer Relationship Management Consultant at Wipro Technologies
108948392

I have saved files on what I thought was my g sheets, it is

Customer Question

hello i have saved files on what I thought was my g sheets
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: it is now asking that I send a request to the owner (which i thought was me) to get their permission to view I dont know who it is sending an email to but I need to get access to the spreadsheets on g sheets that I saved Is there anything I can do ?
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: nope
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: hmmmmm... i can log into my own g sheets, no problem but the files arent there
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 20 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** Thank you for posting your query in JustAnswer.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question to ensure that I don't miss anything.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
ok
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
if you remotely acess my mac, will you be able to fix it ?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
its a mac laptop, I was using google sheets (excel)
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 19 days ago.

Are you working on Google Spreadsheet?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
shared g sheets
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 19 days ago.

Is the sheet owned by you or someone else is the admin of the page?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
i thought it was owned by me - but obvs not. I don't know who else would or could own it. hence I dont know who to contact when it says that an email has been sent to the owner (admin) to ask for permission to view.
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 19 days ago.

Is the worksheet shared by anyone?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
sorry is there anything you can do ?
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 19 days ago.

By default, you own any file you create in or upload to Google Drive.

If you use a personal Google Account:

• You can invite another person with a personal Google Account to take ownership of your files and folders.
  • You can’t invite another person with a work or school account to take ownership of your files or folders.
  • The person you invite to own the file or folder must accept your request to complete the transfer.

Here's the link for more information:-

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/2494892?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

Let me know how that goes, please.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sorry that doesnt help. I am the owner of the g drive - however the sheets i was working on arent there.
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 19 days ago.

The most common cause for this kind of problem is when a user is signed into multiple Google Accounts at the same time on the device/computer they are using. When you attempt to access the document, the system has to chose whether to allow you in using any of the accounts you are signed into.

However, that is a potential security flaw in that if multiple users are using the same workstation, one user could then access the content of another user. If there are multiple Google Accounts logged in at once, it is best to sign out of all Google Accounts and then back into the account for which that document was intended. 

Expert:  Anikesh G replied 19 days ago.

Is your issue fixed now?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No not fixed. I’ve tried logging out of all accounts and re logging into the one I think it should be on. To no avail.
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 19 days ago.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
accounts
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 19 days ago.

That's strange, let me check this further.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  Anikesh G replied 19 days ago.

You're welcome!