ExpLari
ExpLari,
Experience:  Expert
117177496

We downloaded a browser called 'wave browser'but decided

Customer Question

We downloaded a browser called 'wave browser'but decided against using it, after we found warnings online. We have uninstalled it but wonder if you feel we need to take any further action.
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: PC only
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: compaq presario running windows 10
JA: What Compaq model do you have?
Customer: COMPAQ PRESARIO DESKTOP CQ5103uk
JA: How long has this been going on with your Compaq printer?
Customer: Its not the printer,I wondered if wave browser (now uninstalled) had left behind any malware
JA: How long has this been going on with your CQ5103UK? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Didnt use wave browser,uninstalled it,havent seen any problems so far
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  ExpLari replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I am Larimar Caldera. Your computer expert, it is a pleasure for me to answer your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 13 days ago.

Dear user, your question is if after uninstalling the "wave browser" it could have left some virus in your computers, is it correct?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That is correct
Expert:  ExpLari replied 13 days ago.

If so what you can do is run a full scan of your Windows 10 with Windows defender or if you have an antivirus of preference you can run a full scan from it and check for any virus or malware infection.

In addition to this, if you see the alerts when you are surfing the Internet with a web browser, it may be because the browser has notifications enabled and you accidentally accepted to see notifications from untrusted pages.

many sites offer this type of notifications to send false alerts of potential risks along with offers of anti virus and fraudulent system protection programs.

If you want to disable these notifications you can do it in your internet browser from the settings section you can find a section of notifications, depending on the browser you use the steps may vary.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 13 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @ExpLari Kind regards, Larimar

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That is correct,we wondered if wave browser had left anything behind after we unistalled it(we never used it)
Expert:  ExpLari replied 13 days ago.

By simply running a full scan with Windows defender or your antivirus of choice you can check if you have left any virus or malware behind when uninstall the wave browser.