Anas
Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  System Engineer and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

It's my phone, forgotten the password, About 2 months ago.

Customer Question

It's my phone, forgotten the password
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: About 2 months ago.
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: The phone will not open at all. How can I factory reset , I cannot open the screen.
JA: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's an galaxy s7 phone unlocked.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anas replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your phone.

Expert:  Anas replied 12 days ago.

Just to confirm, are you locked out of your Samsung phone? is it asking for the screen unlock password ***** code?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Password
Expert:  Anas replied 12 days ago.

If you forget your Samsung device’s lock screen password, then you will have to factory reset your device to be able to use your device again because all recent versions of Android encrypt the data on your device by default. There is no way to recover any photos, contacts or other data that you haven’t backed up to your Google account or any other account. They will be gone forever after the reset(unless you have a backup made before you got locked out). However, at least your device will be unlocked, and you’ll be able to use it again. Before factory resetting your device, you can try to unlock your device using the find my phone feature if you have enabled it on your device. Samsung devices have a Find my phone feature. This option would let you remotely open or unlock the device if you forgot the pattern, PIN, etc. You can try to unlock it directly from Samsung Find My Mobile service. This will let you open it without losing anything. This will only work if you have the Find My Mobile option enabled when you set up the device.

Expert:  Anas replied 12 days ago.

Please follow the steps given below and let me know what happens.

1. Please open the link given below and sign in with your Samsung account there. (login with the same Samsung account that you used on your locked out device there)
  2. Link- https://findmymobile.samsung.com/
  3. The device registered under your Samsung account will appear on the right side of the screen. If you have multiple devices registered under the same Samsung account, make sure you select the device that needs to be remotely unlocked. Then, click on the Unlock icon to unlock your device.
  4. Once you click on "Unlock", a pop-up window will appear asking to verify the password ***** your Samsung account. After you input your password, click on the Next button. The pop-up window will automatically close, and another pop-up window will appear with the result of remotely unlocking your device.
Please note that this will option will only work under the following conditions.
  • The device must be turned on.
  • The device must be connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile network.
  • Your Samsung account must be registered on your device and have the Remote unlock option enabled.
Please check the link below for detailed instructions. (Please check it)Please try this method and let me know what happens. If that doesn't work, then I will send you the second method. Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
plse secure remote assistance requested
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Connect to my device remotely and troubleshoot.
Expert:  Anas replied 12 days ago.

I have opened the remote support to the expert pool, someone who can connect will get back to you. You will get notified as soon as the expert connects with you. There will be no charge if you did not receive the remote support (remote service charges will be refunded). We can still continue through chat and try to fix the issue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
secure remote assistance requested.
Expert:  Anas replied 12 days ago.

Could you please follow the above instructions and let me know what happens?

Expert:  Anas replied 12 days ago.

If you still cannot unlock your smartphone via Samsung's website then your only option is to reset your smartphone through Recovery Mode. I am afraid there is no way to recover any photos, contacts or other data that you haven’t backed up to your Google account or any other account; they will be gone after the reset. However, at least your device will be unlocked and you’ll be able to use it again. Please check the link given below for a video walkthrough of the steps to factory reset your phone. (please watch it from 27 seconds onwards)

Please click the link below for detailed instructions.

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas