K Dismas
K Dismas, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Developer/Programmer/Computer Technician
104540271

I have replaced the black ink cartridge with a new epson

Customer Question

I have replaced the black ink cartridge with a new epson cartridge on my wf-7310 printer and have a message "turn on printer again. See your documentation for more details" error code is 034019
JA: Is your Epson printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: It won't go past this message I tried putting the old cartridge back in turning off and on and the trying the new cartridge I got so frustrated that in the end I gave up.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: It's brand new. But there is an update but this won't complete
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did find a note on line about leaving in the old cartridge until you are ready to install. I have just turned the printer on and have a different error code 000031
Category: Computer
Expert:  K Dismas replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** am sorry for the trouble you are facing right now. But, I'll do my best to help you with your concern.

To clarify, may I know how old your printer is?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
About two months old up until this week the printer was working fine but the last I printed only half a page and message black ink low. Took out old cartridge and took it with me to make sure I got the right one, is this why I have thisproblem
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'm using my ltablet which isn't connected to the printer
Expert:  K Dismas replied 15 days ago.

I'm sorry this has happened. I will provide you with information to help you fix the problem.

• I'd like to clarify that I have no affiliation with any service provider, store, or account.
  • It seems that your printer is having a network issue with your computer due to the recent changes in your cartridge. It is not recommended to leave the cartridge holder empty for a long period of time. 

• You can try to fix this by performing a power cycle first. With that, it will refresh the connection of your printer.

To do so, please follow the steps below:

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Unplug all cables for 5 minutes.

3. Plug them back in.

4. Turn on the printer.

Also, please let me know if you have questions so I can assist you furthermore.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
OK will do that now and get back to you
Expert:  K Dismas replied 15 days ago.

Great! Take your time, and please do let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
the error message has gone back yo the original 034019. think im need to take it to a repair centre. thanks anyway
Expert:  K Dismas replied 15 days ago.

Okay. If that's the case, please try to perform a factory reset on your printer before sending it to the repair center. This will restore the default state of your printer. It might fix the problem. To do so, please follow the steps below.

• Turn on the printer then disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer.

• Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet and wait at least 60 seconds.

• Plug the power cable back into the wall outlet and reconnect the power cord to the printer. (It would be better if you plug the power cable directly into the wall outlet)

• Turn the printer on.

Expert:  K Dismas replied 14 days ago.

Hi, it's me, Kent. I'm just checking by. It seems you are unable to return to this page. I hope everything is okay. I will now close this question. Also, if you are not satisfied with my service or if you have a question related to the problem, please leave a message. Stay safe and have a great day.