Joseph
Joseph, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Lead Technician
107060210

I have just got a second hand iPhone 11 when I set it up it

Customer Question

I have just got a second hand iPhone 11 when I set it up it starts a software upgrade for 15.5 I abandoned the upgrade after it had run for 12 hours any idea why it doesn’t finish
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?
Customer: its an iPhone IOS
JA: When did you last update your software?
Customer: that is what I am trying to do but it doesn’t finish
JA: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Dont think so
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joseph replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I am Joseph. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply soon.

If you have any more information about your question you would like me to know about, please send me another message. If I have all the details about the question, then I can give a more precise and accurate answer.

Expert:  Joseph replied 17 days ago.

This could possibly be because there is not enough space on the phone or there is an update issue.  Restart your iPhone and then try the update again.

Expert:  Joseph replied 17 days ago.

Sky has a blocker called Sky Broadband shield and it might be blocking the connection.  Go to http://broadbandshield.sky.com/ and log in.   From there scroll to switch off and then try and connect it.

Expert:  Joseph replied 17 days ago.

Next, go to settings and general and storage.  Do to update and then tap on the 15.5 updates and delete it.  Then try it again.

Expert:  Joseph replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for reaching out and letting me help with your question. I wish you luck with your solution. Have a good day and stay safe!