ExpLari
ExpLari,
Experience:  Expert
117177496

I have an iPhone 5S and suddenly my password is not being

Customer Question

I have an iPhone 5S and suddenly my password ***** ***** being recognised
JA: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your Apple device?
Customer: How do I find this out
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last reboot?
Customer: Do you mean last turn off?
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just enable me to have an Apple password
Category: Computer
Expert:  ExpLari replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I am Larimar Caldera. Your computer expert, it is a pleasure for me to answer your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 13 days ago.
Dear user, it has been a while since i have received a response from you
Expert:  ExpLari replied 13 days ago.

Dear user, it has been a while since I have received a response from you, so I will give you my general answer to your query.

If you find yourself at the lock screen of your iPhone and you cannot unlock your phone, then please follow the steps below to unlock your phone

Step 1: Make sure that you have a computer (Mac or PC)

This process requires a Mac or PC. If you're using a PC, make sure that it has Windows 8 or later, and that iTunes is installed. You also need the cable that came with your iPhone, or another compatible cable, to connect your iPhone to the computer.

If you don't have a computer and you can't borrow one, you need to go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.

Step 2: Turn off your iPhone

1. Unplug your iPhone from the computer if it’s connected.
  2. Turn off your iPhone using the method for your iPhone model:
    • iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X and later, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation): Press and hold both the side button and the Volume down button until the power off slider appears.
    • iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, and iPhone 6: Press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears.
    • iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 5s, and earlier: Press and hold the top button until the power off slider appears.

3. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone, then wait a minute to make sure that it turns off completely.

Step 3: Put your iPhone in recovery mode

1. Get ready by finding the button on your iPhone that you'll need to hold in the next step:
    • iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X and later, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation) use the side button.
    • iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus use the Volume down button.
    • iPhone SE (1st generation), and iPhone 6s and earlier use the Home button.
  2. Press and hold the correct button for your iPhone while immediately connecting your iPhone to the computer. Don't let go of the button.
  3. Keep holding the button until you see the recovery mode screen on your iPhone, then let go.

If you see the passcode screen, you need to turn off your iPhone and start again.

If you can’t get your iPhone to show the recovery mode screen and you need help, contact Apple Support.

Step 4: Restore your iPhone

1. Locate your iPhone in the Finder or in iTunes on the computer that it’s connected to. (Learn how to find your connected iPhone.)
  2. Choose Restore when you see the option to Restore or Update. Your computer downloads software for your iPhone and begins the restore process. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits the recovery mode screen, let the download finish, then turn off your iPhone and start again.
  3. Wait for the process to finish.
  4. Disconnect your iPhone from the computer, then set up and use your iPhone.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 13 days ago.

If you have lost your Apple ID password

You can reset your Apple ID password ***** a friend or family member's iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using the Apple Support app or the Find My iPhone app. You can also visit an Apple Store and ask to use a device on site.

Use the Apple Support app

Ask your friend or family member to open the App Store and download the Apple Support app on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Can't download the Apple Support app?

Then open the Apple Support app and follow these steps:

1. Tap Passwords & Security.
  2. Tap Reset Apple ID password.
  3. Tap Get Started, then tap "A different Apple ID."
  4. Enter the Apple ID that you need to reset the password *****
  5. Tap Next, then follow the steps on your screen until you receive confirmation that your Apple ID password ***** *****

Any information that you enter will not be stored on the device.

Use the Find My iPhone app

If your friend or family member uses iOS 9 through 12 and they can't download the Apple Support app, use the Find My iPhone app instead.

1. Open the Find My iPhone app.
  2. When a Sign In screen appears, make sure the Apple ID field is empty. If you see someone else's user name, erase it.
  3. Tap Forgot Apple ID or Password, then follow the onscreen steps.

Don't see a Sign In screen? Tap Sign Out. After you sign out, make sure the Apple ID field is empty. Then tap Forgot Apple ID or Password, and follow the onscreen steps.

If you can't change or reset your password

If you tried the previous steps and were unable to change or reset your password, try these steps instead.

1. Go to iforgot.apple.com.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID?
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose to answer your security questions, get an email, or enter your Recovery Key.* Learn what to do if you don't receive your verification or reset email.
  5. Follow the onscreen steps to reset your password.

After you reset your password, you'll be asked to sign in again with your new password. You also might need to update your password ***** Settings on your devices.

To further assist you with your query I will provide you with an illustrated guide with all the information regarding lost passwords or passcodes provided by Apple from the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-gu/HT201487

Expert:  ExpLari replied 13 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @ExpLari Kind regards, Larimar