Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Thirteen years of experience providing computer support for fortune 500 companies and government.
22099314

Printer refuses to accept latest ink cartridges, sent

Printer refuses to accept latest ink cartridges, sent automatically?
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: HP6200
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: Only with the most recent cartridges !
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: No idea?
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a non techno wrinklie!

My name is Aaron.

You can power off your printer. Disconnect the power cable from the wall outlet. Press and hold the power button on your printer for 30-60 seconds.

Leave that printer disconnected from power for 5 minutes. If your printer is connected with a universal serial bus cable, then disconnect the universal serial bus cable from both the printer and your computer. Reconnect the power cable.

Restart your computer. Power on your printer and see if it will now accept those new printer cartridges.

I need to step away from my computer for at least 30 minutes. If my previous instructions did not fix your issue, you can remove all new printer cartridges. Install them one at a time, until you narrow down which cartridge or cartridges are not accepted.

You may need to replace them.

Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Thirteen years of experience providing computer support for fortune 500 companies and government.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Have followed instructions, computer still says cartridges are incompatible!
Hello is there a good number that I can contact you on?

ok

You can replace those ink cartridges using these instructions. Also, there is a list of compatible ink cartridges for that printer.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05538593

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Should I be receiving information! Don’t seem to have heard anything for 90 minutes?