ExpLari
ExpLari,
Experience:  Expert
117177496

Someone hacked my gmail account. I’ve managed to change the

Customer Question

Someone hacked my gmail account. I’ve managed to change the password, but I can’t sign in or access my emails
JA: Do you remember any old passwords you've used with your Gmail account?
Customer: Yes
JA: Have you checked your other online accounts for tampering, especially if they have the same username and password ***** your email?
Customer: Yes, my Yahoo account was also hacked, that’s the main oine I use. And I’ve been getting messages on some of my emails that replies wiull be sent to my gmail account. This gmail account how has the scammer’s phone number as verification.
JA: Is there anything else the Email Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so.
Category: Computer
Expert:  ExpLari replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I am Larimar Caldera. Your computer expert, it is a pleasure for me to answer your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 7 days ago.

Dear user, from where are you trying to access your email?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Dean St LondonW1
Expert:  ExpLari replied 7 days ago.

Sorry, I mean from which device, phone, tablet, laptop or desktop?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
MACBOOK AIR
Expert:  ExpLari replied 7 days ago.

I understand, from Safari browser?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  ExpLari replied 7 days ago.

Please proceed to clear your safari browser cache.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
how do I do that
Expert:  ExpLari replied 7 days ago.

Clear the Web Browser Cache - Safari

1. In the Safari app on your Mac, choose History > Clear History, then click the pop-up menu.

2. Choose how far back you want your browsing history cleared.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I cleared all history
Expert:  ExpLari replied 7 days ago.

Okay, please try again to login to your Gmail account with your new password.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 7 days ago.

Dear user, if the system prompts you with an incorrect password, then the hacker has regained control of your account, and you must perform a password ***** process again.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 7 days ago.

If you are able to access your account please try as soon as possible to set up 2-step authentication.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The hacker has given them a different phone number for vderification. My new passord didn’twork and I couldn’t convince them I am me.
Expert:  ExpLari replied 7 days ago.

From what you describe, you will need to undertake the Gmail Account Recovery ("AR") procedure, the bext link: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery provides the only way to recover a Gmail/Google account.

Tips to complete account recovery steps

If you can't sign in, follow these steps to increase your chances of getting back into your Google Account:

• Go to the Account recovery page.

• As you complete the steps, use as many of the tips below as you can. (You might not see all the questions described here.)

• If you already tried to recover your account and got a "Google couldn't verify this account belongs to you" message, you can try again.

Answer as many questions as possible

Try not to skip questions. If you're unsure of an answer, take your best guess rather than moving on to another question.

Use a familiar device & location

If possible:

• Use a computer, phone, or tablet where you frequently sign in
  • Use the same browser (like Chrome or Safari) that you usually do

• Be in a location where you usually sign in, like at home or at work

• Be exact with passwords & answers to security questions

• Details matter, so avoid typos and pay attention to uppercase and lowercase letters.

Passwords

If you're asked for the last password ***** remember, enter the most recent one you recall.

If you don't remember your last password: ********** a previous one that you do remember. The more recent it was, the better.

If you can't confidently recall any previous passwords: Take your best guess.

Answers to security questions

If you're asked a security question and you:

Don't remember the answer: Take your best guess.

Know the answer but didn't recover your account on your first try: Consider a different variation of the answer. For example, try "NY" instead of "New York" or "Phil" instead of "Philip."

Enter an email connected to your account

If you're asked to enter an email address you can check now, enter one that you've added to your account. Here are some examples:

• A recovery email address helps you get back in and is where we send you security notifications.

• An alternate email address is one you can use to sign in.

• A contact email address is where you get information about most Google services you use.

• Add helpful details

• If you're asked why you can't access your account, include helpful details.

Some examples are:

• You're traveling.

• You get a specific error message.

• You think your account was compromised because of malware or another reason.

• You changed your password ***** week and can't remember it.

• If your description matches the information we have, this similarity can help your case.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 7 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @ExpLari Kind regards, Larimar