ExpLari
ExpLari,
Experience:  Expert
117177496

I'm locked out of my gmail account and nothing i do will

Customer Question

hello, i'm locked out of my gmail account and nothing i do will help me back in
JA: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?
Customer: I cannot get into my gmail account. i'm told passwords changed (it's not) then I'm told 'too many attempts, then I'm sent a code that google says 'don't recognise'...I am going mad!!! please helps
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: It's MACbook Pro I think the operating system is IOS?
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: for the past 2 days I have tried everything literally everything
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, just that I'm going insane
Category: Computer
Expert:  ExpLari replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Larimar Caldera. Your computer expert, it is a pleasure for me to answer your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
tks, please help me I'm going mad
Expert:  ExpLari replied 12 days ago.

Dear user if the system tells you that you have made too many attempts recently then you must wait at least 12 hours to retry a password ***** process, if you continue to persist the lockout may worsen as the system will detect it as a brute force hacking attempt.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
can you help me?
Expert:  ExpLari replied 12 days ago.

I will provide you with the correct steps so that after 12 hours you can perform the password ***** process correctly.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 12 days ago.

Dear user, to reset a password ***** a Gmail account, you need to have a phone number or alternate email address associated with the account you wish to reset in order to verify the identity of the owner of the account.

To start go to: https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/identifier

Once there enter your email address and then press "next" when the system asks you for your password ***** the phrase "forgot password?", the system will give you a series of options among which should show your phone number or alternative email associated with it, if not displayed then you may not have any registered, in this case the system will ask you a series of questions that if answered correctly will enable the procedure to reset a new password.

If the system shows you an associated phone number or alternative email address, select the option that best suits you and continue with the steps that the system prompts you to perform the password ***** process.

If the above does not work, you will need to undertake the Gmail Account Recovery ("AR") procedure, the bext link: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery provides the only way to recover a Gmail/Google account.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 12 days ago.

Tips to complete account recovery steps

If you can't sign in, follow these steps to increase your chances of getting back into your Google Account:

• Go to the Account recovery page.

• As you complete the steps, use as many of the tips below as you can. (You might not see all the questions described here.)

• If you already tried to recover your account and got a "Google couldn't verify this account belongs to you" message, you can try again.

Answer as many questions as possible

Try not to skip questions. If you're unsure of an answer, take your best guess rather than moving on to another question.

Use a familiar device & location

If possible:

• Use a computer, phone, or tablet where you frequently sign in
  • Use the same browser (like Chrome or Safari) that you usually do

• Be in a location where you usually sign in, like at home or at work

• Be exact with passwords & answers to security questions

• Details matter, so avoid typos and pay attention to uppercase and lowercase letters.

Passwords

If you're asked for the last password ***** remember, enter the most recent one you recall.

If you don't remember your last password: ********** a previous one that you do remember. The more recent it was, the better.

If you can't confidently recall any previous passwords: Take your best guess.

Answers to security questions

If you're asked a security question and you:

Don't remember the answer: Take your best guess.

Know the answer but didn't recover your account on your first try: Consider a different variation of the answer. For example, try "NY" instead of "New York" or "Phil" instead of "Philip."

Enter an email connected to your account

If you're asked to enter an email address you can check now, enter one that you've added to your account. Here are some examples:

• A recovery email address helps you get back in and is where we send you security notifications.

• An alternate email address is one you can use to sign in.

• A contact email address is where you get information about most Google services you use.

• Add helpful details

• If you're asked why you can't access your account, include helpful details.

Some examples are:

• You're traveling.

• You get a specific error message.

• You think your account was compromised because of malware or another reason.

• You changed your password ***** week and can't remember it.

• If your description matches the information we have, this similarity can help your case.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 12 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @ExpLari Kind regards, Larimar

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
my password ***** not changed
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Google invented this
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
they then send me a 'link' (number) to put into the very email I cannot open
Expert:  ExpLari replied 12 days ago.

Dear user you tried to perform a password ***** process, right?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
cannot work
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
won't work
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
google won't allow me to reset it
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I think they've gone insane
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Or I have
Expert:  ExpLari replied 12 days ago.

When you tried the process, did you use the phone number associated with your Gmail account?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
yed
Expert:  ExpLari replied 12 days ago.

Sometimes we change our phone number without remembering to update this information in our email and when we try to reset the password ***** code is sent to the old number and not to the new one.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
everything I do that I'm asked, I do. don't work
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no. never done that
Expert:  ExpLari replied 12 days ago.

Have you opened your email on any other device?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
once, on my husbands phone, last week
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I think that's the problem
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I just don't understand it
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I used the same password, 2 factor authenticate etc
Expert:  ExpLari replied 12 days ago.

Try to check that your email session has not been left open on that device.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ok. let me check, he says it's not on his phone anymore
Expert:  ExpLari replied 12 days ago.

Have you opened your email on your phone before?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  ExpLari replied 12 days ago.

What make and model is your phone?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
my phone is an iphone 11
Expert:  ExpLari replied 11 days ago.

Dear user, you can get your current password ***** your iPhone in the accounts section by following the steps below.

View saved passwords in Settings

1. Tap Settings, then select Passwords. In iOS 13 or earlier, select Passwords & Accounts, then tap Website & App Passwords.
  2. Use Face ID or Touch ID when prompted, or enter your passcode.
  3. To see a password, select a website.