Benjie
Benjie, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer and IT Support Engineer
102836769

I love in North London and for some weeks my Freesat has

Customer Question

I love in North London and for some weeks my Freesat has been hit and miss on some stations. Last night it was fine one minute and then completely disappeared and has not re-started this morning. The box is on, the TV screen is showing the TV guide and the white notification at the top of the screen is "the receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak".I have switched on and off, checked that cables are secure, .. dunno what else to do. Any suggestions ?
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: There is an HDMI cable from box to TV. I have already this morning replaced this with a new one. There av jack's, but I have no corresponding cables
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: No. Not that I am aware of.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cannot reach the disc without a long ladder so will not try that!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Benjie replied 6 days ago.
Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I'm Benjie and I can help you today.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

What's the make/model of the involved device?

Expert:  Benjie replied 5 days ago.

Since I didn't hear from you please try these general instructions.

What I could suggest you do is,

Turn off your device. Unplug your modem and router from power. Wait 30 seconds. Plug in your modem. Wait 1 minute. Plug in your router. Wait 1 minute. Try again.

If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow-up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way,

please feel free to reply here. I'm more than happy to help you!

Expert:  Benjie replied 5 days ago.

Hello, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Since I haven't heard back, I'm assuming the solution I gave you solved the problem. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

I'd love to help you look into this issue today, just let me know! :)​​

In case you missed my last response, I want to provide it to you again. You can always ask a follow-up question:

What I could suggest you do is,

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or if anything in this answer was unclear, and I will be happy to help.

If you are not satisfied, we can go back and forth until you have the answer you need.

Thank you very much, and have a wonderful day.