Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Customer Service
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a Cuisinart MP 14 cast metal edition. I have power to

Customer Question

I have a Cuisinart MP 14 cast metal edition. I have power to the device and I can hear the safety relay click when I close the top lid. However the spindle will not rotate
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

With the power disconnected can you turn the spindle manually?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will check and get back to you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have shocked and the spindle turns freely
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry - ‘checked’

Have you pressed the reset button on the Cuisinart?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please see photo attached - I have removed the bowl, turned power on at the socket and pressed the grey shroud as in the photo - no power to spindle

There is an interlock switch which allows the food processor to work only if, after placing the food processor on the base, the body is rotated so that it is locked into place. The rotation action engages the interlock switch. The food processor will not run unless it is locked into position properly. The spindle on the base will not turn unless the food processor body is locked into position. The motion arrow indicating how to lock the food processor into position is shown in your photo.