Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Customer Service
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Kenwood Multipro FP730 series I purchased a spare part for

Customer Question

Kenwood Multipro FP730 seriesI purchased a spare part for the blender because I thought the motor for the blender had burn out. However, I now received two spare parts for the blender and each time I put them on the base it isn't working.The base is working with the processor. I'm in a dilemma. Could it be that I received two lemons from the spare part company?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

What spare parts did you buy? You say that the base is working with the food processor but not with the blender, is that correct? Is the base the common part which you purchased, containing the motor? Did you get two of them?

I do not know exactly what part you are talking about, but if you got two of the same parts and they both work with your food processor, but not with your blender, it is likely that you are having a problem mating the base with the blender and failing to engage the interlock switch.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What spare parts did you buy? 1 x Kenwood White Liquidiser Base Assembly (ES1555638)You say that the base is working with the food processor but not with the blender, is that correct? Yes.Is the base the common part which you purchased, containing the motor? No.Did you get two of them? I got two liquidisers. Both not working on the food processor base....but if you got two of the same parts and they both work with your food processor, but not with your blender, The parts didn't work the food processor. The part makes the blender works.... it is likely that you are having a problem mating the base with the blender and failing to engage the interlock switch. I'm not sure what this question means.

There is an interlock switch which allows the food processor to work only if, after placing the food processor on the base, the body is rotated so that it is locked into place. The rotation action engages the interlock switch.

The food processor will not run unless it is locked into position properly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Joel, I understand the principal behind the interlock switch. When I say that the food processor is working, it is because of the interlock switch.My problem, when I attached the liquidiser onto the blender cup and lock it on to the Multipro base, it doesn't work with the blender cup. That was the reason why I wrote your website. I did understand why it wasn't working.Given your answers to my question you don't understand why I experiencing this problem.Please refund my payment for this service. I'm not satisfied the final outcome.

I thought the blender was working and the food processor was not. Now I realize that I had it backward. From the pictures of your product components, it looks like the blender must be interlocked the same way as the food processor. Since you understand how the interlock works on the food processor, I recommend that you ensure that the interlock is similarly engaged with the blender. This seems to be the difficulty which accounts for the former working and the latter not working.

If this recommendation does not resolve the problem, please let me know, and I will opt out to allow other experts to assist you. If you still are not satisfied and you do not rate the service that you have received, you will not be charged and your deposit will be refunded automatically.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If this recommendation does not resolve the problem, please let me know. It doesn't solve the problem.and I will opt out to allow other experts to assist you. Please don't.If you still are not satisfied and you do not rate the service that you have received, you will not be charged and your deposit will be refunded automatically. Please send me a refund. Thanks.