carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

My kindle model is D01100 amazon ereader, put a password in

Hi, my kindle model is D01100 amazon ereader, put a password ***** it and it won't accept my password, how do I solve this
Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?
Customer: Amazon kindle ereader, D01100, side buttons not touchscreen
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Couple of days, keep trying, holding power button in 40secs, goes clear then kindle logo appears and won't let me do anything
Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just keeps going back to enter password

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Did you have any capitals in the password? You could reset the kindle but you would lose all the data on it. The books you have purchased would be available to download again once you have logged back into amazon.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, yes just one at the beginning, it is only an ereader a friend gave me, so there aren't any books etc...

Could you try this password 111222777

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Incorrect password ***** says

Could you try this it will reset the kindle.

Type resetmykindle into the password ***** and press ok

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Wow started up, asked which language, think you have solved it, THANK YOU SO MUCH

Your welcome if you need more help feel free to contact me.

If you are happy with my service, please could you provide a rating using the stars on this page.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Absolutely excellent