Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

Wonder if you may be able to help. I have a pair of Denon

Hello, wonder if you may be able to help. I have a pair of Denon sc.410 speakers from the 1990's.loverly condition and sound (to my ears anyway!) and one of the tweeters has started to crackle after a time is there a replacement or may it be other cause.
Assistant: What device or product has sound issues?
Customer: speakers sc.410
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Denon SC.410 speakers
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: swapped cables over seems one speaker only as other works fine
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really I do understand their age but in lovely condition and enjoy sound

Hello, my name is Rusty. If they start to crackle, that usually means there is a tear in the tweeter causing it to flap and rattle. There are used speakers available. The advantage of a used tweeter vs a new one, you won't have to use it for hundreds of hours until it sounds right. It's already broken-in so it will match your other speaker.

Click here for your replacement speaker. The seller is proven positive, so this is a safe buy from Ebay in the UK.

Pry the grill off of the speaker, remove the four screws that hold in the tweeter, and remove the two speaker connectors. They are different sizes, so you can't get them backwards when you plug the new one in. Tighten the screws snug, but not so tight you strip the wood.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. If you have any questions, please reply.