Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a kindle paperwhite version 5 and it became

I have a kindle paperwhite version 5 and it became unresponsive. I cannot turn off the Kindle. Nothing works. Can you help me please.
JA: Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: Just wanted to access the kindle shop and tried to connect to the wifi network and then it stopped working
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have Windows 7, but I'm not a technical expert.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it seems to work now. I guess I didn't hold the power button long enough. Thank you very much for your expertise and your patience.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.