Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 10 years.
23822421

Amazon Prime to watch tennis. I have a HDMI cable to connect

Customer Question

Amazon Prime to watch tennis. I have a HDMI cable to connect computer to TV. The connection worked fine for the European Masters Tennis, May 19. It is not working for the American Masters Tennis. Also not working for films i have recorded. Have Amazon blocked this? Error report 7279. Pat
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: The brand is Sony more than 10 years old. The connection has worked for both the recorded fils and the European Masters May 2019.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu does work.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: This only happened when I tried to watch the tennis on Wednesday evening.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The television was bought June 2009. Sony Bravia - Sony KDL-37W5500. I have recently bought a new HP Wireless Printer. Would this have caused any problems with the connection. Have you any idea how long this is going to take to resolve?It might be better to send email as possibly going out.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you taking any more charges (than the £5. already taken) from my credit card?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No supporting documents to send.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So the source is a computer which your connecting to the TV via an HDMI cable?

If so what operating system is the computer running?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The computer is an Apple Mac
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

I am afraid I dont support Mac' so will opt out in favour of another engineer who is equipped to assist with Mac OS.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you pass the question to another engineer who can solve the problem.Can the information be emailed to me. It is no good talking if you do not support Apple Mac. Also very expensive.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you going to reply or have I wasted my money £5 and time.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dear Nicola I am happy to continue to wait for an answer and for you to continue the search. I appreciate all the hard work you have been doing to help resolve the problem. Thank you so much for your efforts. It is better to send a message as I find it hard to listen on the phone. Thanks Pat
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please