Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Denon N10 used to switch on automatically when I switched

My Denon N10 used to switch on automatically when I switched my TV on (connected to "Optical 1") but ever since an automatic firmware update occurred it no longer switches on automatically. I now have to switch it on manually, whereupon it displays "version" briefly and then switches the sound on. I have tried resetting the unit to "TV input - on" for the Optical 1 input to no avail. Have you got any suggestion as to how I can cure this? Thank you.
JA: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?
Customer: The on - off switch on the N10 blinks when I either turn the unit on or off but that's all.
JA: Have you tried resetting your speaker?
Customer: Do you mean doing a system reset on the N10. The loadspeakers themselves are working normally, I have two NAD speakers connected for treble and mid-range and a REL woofer connected to the sub output.
JA: The Audio/Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's ok thank you.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your TV question.

I'm sorry to hear that - I've been there, as they say. An update is done and then you lose a function, or it goes awry. I understand that is not good.

Now, with this Denon, I am wondering whether (given that sometimes, with a firmware update, the settings are reset to defaults) you simply lost a setting value, rather than a function altogether.

It is possible that the function is gone... but there's always the chance that if you complain to the maker of the TV (-or was it the Denon that was updated? if so, then complain to Denon instead! to whoever foisted this update on you, in short...), and that others mention it to them also, that the next update will restore that function - if it is indeed a missing function.

Does this seem right to you? I don't know your TV's maker name, so I have to pause my answer here to ask you that much, I think, please. Thank you.

Russell H., Service Tech
Experience: 8+ years of professional experience