Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Bose Audio System Pairing Problem I have a 2 year old Bose

Bose Audio System Pairing Problem
I have a 2 year old Bose Soundtouch 300 soundbar paired with a Bose Acoustimass 300 bass subwoofer, except that it will not presently pair! It has worked perfectly well until recently, but no longer pairs with the bass unit (soundbar works OK). I have carried out various re-sets and the standard procedure for pairing via the handset. I notice that there is no light showing on the 'Status' indicator on the rear of the bass unit, and suspect that something has failed inside. I have checked the fuse and power supply - all seems well. Can you please advise?

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your soundbar and sub woofer I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to both units (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the units, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** have tried this and there is no change.

Did you now try to pair again?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, it seems my first response was trapped in the ether. Yes, I tried pairing several times without success.

It is the internal mainboard in either the soundbar or the subwoofer, normally the subwoofer.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the units to have them tested and one of them replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.