Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience
13568747

Denon avr 1909 wont stay on goes of in 2 seconds Assistant:

Customer Question

Denon avr 1909 wont stay on goes of in 2 seconds
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Denon av surround receiver avr 1909
Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?
Customer: Bose
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?
Customer: Nothing the amp wont stay on
Assistant: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your audio question.

I'm sorry to hear that.

The problem might be owing to an internal short circuit, or internal circuitry failure of other types, but it also might possibly be from outside devices or cables. So I advise you first, to disconnect everything from the Denon in question, including the power, and leave it that way for at least 2 hours.

Then reconnect only the power to the Denon, and try turning it On again. If it turns On that way, try turning it Off again, then reconnect only one cable at a time, powering it On each time, until you are sure it can stand all connections. (If it shuts off again when one more connection is added, that connected cable and/or device, is suspect and may be what is causing the problem.)

After that, please tell me how old the Denon AVR1909 is, please. And I will advise you further. Thank you.