Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot all consumer electronics devices.
30037186

My paper refuses to open.its fully charged, how can I tell?

Customer Question

my paper white refuses to open.its fully charged
JA: What Amazon product do you have?
Customer: how can I tell? it was purchased in the Usa
JA: The Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Kindle?
Customer: pressing and holding the start button
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 17 days ago.

I'm sorry about your kindle issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Have you tried to press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle Paperwhite for about 45 seconds, then turn it on and check?

Does that do anything? Is there any power / light? Is there anything showing on the kindle's screen?
Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,

If needed, please charge your kindle, and while charging your kindle, press and hold the Power on / off button on your kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

If that still does not work, it is a hardware issue.

In the mean time, you can read your kindle books in the Kindle app, which you can get / install in the Play Store or App Store, on a tablet or smartphone if you have.

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=16571048011

Or you can read your kindle books on your computer by signing in your Amazon account at the website below:

https://read.amazon.com

We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.