Cameron
Cameron, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner/Photographer at Cam Roda Creativita
106661857

Irene's 3rd kindle fire will not operate at all. Cannot be

Customer Question

Irene's 3rd kindle fire will not operate at all. Cannot be turned on, and does not respond to charging.
JA: Have you tried different power sources or a different wall adapter (the part of the charger with prongs)?
Customer: Yes the same charger worked perfectly on another kindle fire, and mobile.
JA: Is the charging port of your Kindle Fire clean, with the small tab inside unbent?
Customer: It appears ok
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was reading from it ok. Then an hour or so later when I went to use it. Nothing!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cameron replied 14 days ago.
Hi there, my name is Cam & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer. I just came across your issue and want to help you try and find a solution!
Expert:  Cameron replied 14 days ago.
You mentioned this was the 3rd tablet you’ve owned, has this same issue occurred with the previous 2 tablets?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will wait for the response on line
Expert:  Cameron replied 14 days ago.
I apologize if you’ve received a phone call request. The computer system sends these automatically, but I did not send this. I can help you here in the chat no problem!
Expert:  Cameron replied 14 days ago.
Can you answer my question from above regarding what happened to the first 2 Kindle’s you had previously?
Expert:  Cameron replied 14 days ago.
Was it from the same issue you’re experiencing now?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
One is still in use by my husband. The other was lost and replaced a couple of years ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Never had this problem before with any kindle
Expert:  Cameron replied 14 days ago.
I’ve heard of this issue quite frequently unfortunately and it’s very random. How long have you owned this particular model
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Maybe 4 or 5 years
Expert:  Cameron replied 14 days ago.
I see, my guess was at least 3 years. So you’ve tried powering on/off, tried plugging it into a charger, have you tried anything else? any reset procedures?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Tried powering on/off. Tried charging. The same charger works ok with other kindle and mobile phone, In fact the defective kindle is plugged into charger now, with absoutely no response.
Expert:  Cameron replied 14 days ago.
Unfortunately I hate to tell you this, but this issue usually means that the Kindle is no longer going to work, at least not without repair. The repair likely will cost close to or equal to a new Kindle.
Expert:  Cameron replied 14 days ago.
I’ve dealt with these issues so much that I think it’s possible they almost create these devices to eventually fail so you have to buy another. It’s really unfair.