Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience
13568747

The illuminated panel has no light on Denon D-C1. Also radio

The illuminated panel has no light on Denon D-C1. Also radio keeps cutting out.
JA: What device has a bad screen?
Customer: Denon Micro component System Model D-C1
JA: How long have you had your D-C1?
Customer: Purchased in 1997!
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Can wait a little longer

Hi - this is Russell H., Expert in Electronics. I hope that it is not too late to offer my opinion on the matter of your question, a Denon that is not working properly.

At first read, the Denon D-c1 sounds as if it has a problem with either power supply, connections (internal, or much more doubtfully external), or both.

I cannot say more than that at present, having too little data. May I ask, when the radio cuts out, for how long, and does it make any noise through the speakers at the beginning, or at the end, of the period it cuts out?

Or does the radio stay off, once it cuts out, please?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Radio cuts out when you approach it or open fridge door. Denon is situated above the fridge, maybe an ariel issue? No noise through speakers. How about the illuminated panel?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have a free trial £5 until 8th December.

OK. Thank you for responding. It might need an external antenna, yes, since if you are not touching it, nor making it vibrate nor move, then you might possibly be blocking the radio signal getting to it.

The illuminated panel being dark might mean either A. the power supply voltage for it is not being supplied, or more likely B. the backlight in the Lcd display panel part is dead, and the Lcd panel would have to be replaced as a repair in that case.

Russell H., Service Tech
Experience: 7+ years of professional experience