Cameron
Cameron, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner/Photographer at Cam Roda Creativita
106661857

I have a question regarding to upgrade my old AVR-3805, I

Hello Pearl, this is Jarmo. I have a question regarding to upgrade my old AVR-3805
JA: How long have you had your AVR-3805?
Customer: I bought that 2005!!! Still rocks I have Audioengine wireless connected to that
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am really happy, but I never got my DVD-3910 HDMI functioning..... Now I am interested to get AVR-X6500H
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I still use Denon Link, and keep DVD-3910....or should I upgrade that too?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Pearl, are you still here... I am a bit lost here now

Hi there, my name is Cam & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer. I just came across your issue and want to help you try and find a solution!

I'm here to chat with you whenever you are ready!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Cameron, are you online?

Yes I am! Welcome!

Are you still considering purchasing the AVR-X6500H?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
In your opinion, which of the Denon new generation AVR (X4500H or X6500H) would match the ACR 3805/ yes I am considering either 4500 or 6500

I think I know what is best, but I'm going to check on thing for you and be right back with my final answer because I want to be sure!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have Klipsch speaker, surround set, would like to use them with new AVR... HEOS.... And use Denon HEOS amp to connect Klipsch speakers to AVR....
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I dont see much different in between 4500 and 6500 models, except 9.2 and 11.2.... if I am going for the 4500 model, a bit cheaper, then I could use some of the price difference in between 4500 and 6500 in order to buy HEOS amp..... or two in order to have complete wireless system? Thoughts?

Just came back to type my answer and saw your most recent message, this was basically my line of thinking. The 6500 doesn't give you THAT much more performance benefits in my opinion, and with the price difference, you could save money to buy some other equipment. So I think we are on the same page here, technically speaking the difference between the 4500 & 6500 is really not that great. Stick with the 4500.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks, 9.2 is enough.... and the output difference marginal..... thanks, we are on the same page.

Awesome! I think you're going to have a really nice setup with this and the added HEOS amp!

Great way to celebrate the holidays, buying yourself some new toys!