Cameron
Cameron, Customer Service
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

CDs which are fine on my other player have started skipping

CDs which are fine on my other player have started skipping a little now and then on my Denon RCD M39 hifi. I bought it in 2013, but have not used the CD player that much. I've tried a lens cleaner.
JA: What Denon model do you have?
Customer: RCD-M39
JA: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?
Customer: A lens cleaner. and played the CDs on another player without problems.
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've had it since 2013, but not played it a lot.

Hi there, my name is Cam & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer. I just came across your issue and want to help you try and find a solution!

Whenever you’re ready, just send me a message here in the chat and we can get started trying to solve your issue!

It sounds to me that you have something that is somewhat normal with underused players, which is the imbalance that can come with the disc reader internally on the stereo. It sounds like the part that reads each disc is somewhat loose inside, and I think you will have to open this stereo up to try and tighten/secure this part.