Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I have just purchased an AVR x2600H but only need to use it

Customer Question

Good evening. I have just purchased an AVR x2600H but only need to use it as a hi- fi amp not with a television. however, I am not able to set it up as I am not using a tv ? How do i get past the Set-Up screen?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I am not using a television at all !!
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I am not using a television. I just want to connect two speakers and play cd's !
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: Are you not reading what I am writing. I have just bought the amp brand new. just out of the box
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't need a TV expert . I haven't got a television connected to the system!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
this is rubbish. how do I get my money back?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  Rusty replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. It also looks like your question went into the TV category, which is why the AI kept mentioning TV. The thing with these receivers is, they are meant for surround sound listening with a TV. This is too much for what you are trying to do. All you really need is a 2 channel amp, which is easy to bypass the initial setup. With this receiver, you will need to use a TV to go through the setup. You'll need to connect the yellow monitor output to a TV, then it will allow you to set it up, disconnect the TV, and use it like you want to. Let me know if you have any questions.