Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Denon RCD-M35DAB AC Outlet does not switch on and off.

My Denon RCD-M35DAB AC Outlet does not switch on and off. Has relay failed in closed position?
JA: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?
Customer: No
JA: Have you tried resetting your speaker?
Customer: Not sure what you mean. This is the AC outlet socket that supplies power to (in this case) a separate amplifier for other rooms. It always went live when the Denon powered up... now it is always taking power, and the Denon is warm even when off.
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your audio question.

If the AC Outlet is not switchable, then either:

- A: it is permanently 'OFF', in which case, it may have blown a fuse, or otherwise blown out internally, or

- B: it is permanently 'ON', in which case, I advise you to unplug the Denon from the power, and unplug whatever is plugged into that AC Outlet also, and leave them both that way for at least 20 or 30 minutes, then see whether that has perhaps freed up the problem. If it does not help, then you may have a fused or stuck relay, or similar problem in the circuitry.

Please let me know more details, if you need further advice other than the previous-mentioned instructions.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Russell —

Very many thanks for your quick response. In fact, this morning the unit is working properly again, and I can hear the relay clicking as normal (through being turned off for 8 hours?). But if it happens again, I’ll investigate that relay.

Again, thanks. GRAEME.

I am glad to hear that my advice somehow proved useful, Graeme. Thank you for asking your question at JustAnswer.com, and I hope that the Denon keeps on working.