Cameron
Cameron, Customer Service
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

I live in an area with very poor broadband. Fixed line 1 mbs

Customer Question

I live in an area with very poor broadband. Fixed line 1 mbs and recently added satellite which can vary from 3 to 25 mbs.
The satellite router is upstairs on one side of the house and it is connected to 3 SONOS Play 1's and a beam downstairs in a conservatory at the other side of the house - there is a total distance of approx. 40 feet between them.
I am constantly losing the connection to spotify, and then in turn to the speakers so music is constantly stopping or not loading. Is there a solution you can suggest to resolve this? I am thinking of taking one of the play 1's and connect by ethernet to the router (but don't want to do this as I lose a speaker in the conservatory) or is there a good booster / extender that would solve the issue?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cameron replied 1 year ago.

Hi there!

Here is a link to what I think is the best WIFI extender available right now, that would definitely work for you in this unique situation!

NETGEAR WIFI Mesh Extender

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Extender-Seamless-Roaming-EX6400/dp/B01D6JEMXC/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=wifi+extender&qid=1591222485&refinements=p_72%3A2661618011%2Cp_89%3ANETGEAR%7CTP-Link&rnid=2528832011&sr=8-1