Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B,
Experience:  ICT Support 1/2/3/ Line at Peopleware
72451768

My hearing aids will only speak with Apple bluetooth. Doe

Customer Question

My hearing aids will only speak with Apple bluetooth. Doe you know of an Apple compatible cordless land phone?
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: My hearing aid is a Widex Evoke
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My most recent trial has been with a Gigaset S859A. It won’t connect although my iPad connects perfectly.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 1 month ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please continue. My Widex Evoke hearing aids are two years old and bluetooth perfectly to MT Apple iPad. They won’t connect to a Gigaset S859A cordless because this phone does not use Apple type Blurtooth.I need a cordless phone that has Apple iPad type Bluetooth. Many thanks.
Expert:  Jeffrey B replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is*****'m happy to assist you today with your Widex Evoke hearing aids, Lets get started!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can we please try the following:

try holding the bluetooth button + the power button for 30 seconds.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dear JeffreyI did try and force the Bluetooth, failed and asked Widex what the problem was. They finally came back and told me that the Widex bluetooth only connected with Apple appliances (my Apple iPad) and not with Gigaset cordless phones. Widex do however produce a massively expensive cordless phone where a quad set would cost £800! I am now looking for a cordless phone set that uses the same Bluetooth connection as my Apple iPad. Can you think of one?Many thanks. Frank
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you can locate such a quad set of cordless phones I would be most obliged. Kind regards. Frank
Expert:  Jeffrey B replied 1 month ago.

understood, thank you Frank,

we need a handset phone, with bluetooth, correct?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey