Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 10 years.
23822421

I would like to change my kindle password to match my amazon

Customer Question

I would like to change my kindle password ***** match my amazon password
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: My kindle paperwhite. just to reiterate my kindle wont accept my amazon password
JA: How long have you had your Kindle?
Customer: about 10 years plus
JA: What have you tried so far with your Amazon product?
Customer: I have changed my amazon password, then when I tried to access the same password ***** kindle is keeps bring up wiggly numbers and characters
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This may be due to a firmware glitch on your Kindle, Try pressing and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then connect to your wifi and sign in with your Amazon account please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have done what you said and my kindle has come on by passing to password ***** It has only recently requested a password ***** kindle
Is it a screen lock Password ***** an amazon account Password?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
as my kindle has bypassed the password ***** this mean I wont have to enter a password ***** my kindle in future.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok, I will continue via Q &A. if thats ok
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Now that I have acessed my kindle without a password ***** I be able to access in future without a password.Also I have not been able to buy a although my account details have been accepted, I am asked to enter an additional card. Is this right, I have never been asked for this before
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry that should read....I have not been able to buy a book even though my bank details are up to date.
Did it ask you to re enter your Amazin account info again?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I that have tried to press the button: "Your saved card" on the page that confirms the order but nnothing
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sorry that should say nothing happens. my bad typing skills
Did the kindle ask you to re enter your Amazon account after the reset earlier?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no password ***** requested., but that was always as it always the norm. Never had to enter a password ***** my kindle ever before
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am happy to convers this way
Try pressing and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, did you receive my message when confirmed I was happy continuing typing my questions.If that is ok
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I wasn't asked to confirm my account details, I was asked to add another debit card or credit card. I tried pressing the request 'Your saved cards' but nothing happened