Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience
13568747

My WiFi has no Internet access how do resolve? Never, Yes,

Customer Question

My WiFi has no Internet access how do resolve?
JA: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?
Customer: Never
JA: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?
Customer: Yes, everything else is fine.
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi this relates to my prime video account. Is there anyone there?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your network and internet and wireless question.

If your devices connect to WiFi fine, but they do not obtain internet that way, then you may have a problem with your WiFi router box or modem-router box.

I suggest as the best first thing to try, that you go to the WiFi box, and unplug it from just the power, for 10 or 20 minutes at least. That will allow it to cool, and reset a bit.

After that time, plug it back into the power, please, and wait 5 minutes, before trying to connect to WiFi and internet.

That procedure sometimes gets this sort of situation back into working order.

If it fails to improve the situation, please tell me more, after trying it, about what internet provider and local network boxes you have, and I will advise you further toward a solution.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi. I am unable to access my prime video service. Message on screen is that wi fi has no Internet access. All other devices are connected. I have checked all cables and switched power on and off a couple of times but this has not worked and the situation has been like this for a couple of days.
How do I resolve the issue?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Please try what I suggested, in detail, as I previously posted it:

and please let me know what happened and what you observed. Also let me know, if you have any other network box aside from the one that I spoke of. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK then if you have received the question. How do I resolve the problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello.,are you still online?
I tried the above yesterday but the issue remains unresolved.
What else can I do?

I regret hearing that internet access on your TV for Amazon Prime is still not working.

I have to ask: are any other devices - other than the TV - actually on the WiFi and also on the internet, please?

- if so, perhaps your TV's internet connection needs to be re-connected, carefully.

- if not, then please inspect the WiFi router box and let me know, what lights are On or flashing, what the tag or label next to those lights is, and whether any lights are red and if so which ones. (Or just take a photo of the router's lights and ADD+ it to your reply? if possible, that would help. Thanks.)