Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Technical expert, from computers to custom home theaters
59725966

The Amazon Prime videos are poor quality on my LG smart TV.

Customer Question

The Amazon Prime videos are poor quality on my LG smart TV. If you try to watch a dB ilm the picture seems poor quality and the sound is not synced to the visual.
JA: Are all the cables at the back of your LG TV connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: Yes
JA: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: Amazon Firetick and hdmi
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

What is the model number of the tv?

Does it happen on anything other than the firetv (cable/satellite, dvd, etc), or on other apps like netflix, hulu, youtube, etc?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
LG55uf770v
I watch Netflix, You Tube via my Sky account
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

Does the video quality problem happen on anything else, other than prime video?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

So other apps, on the firestick (like netflix) have no video quality issues?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don't want you to call me. I've just paid £5 as instructed by Amazon.
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

My apologies for any confusion. I, personally, am not asking you for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have however paid the full agreed upon fees (deposit + balance or membership) noted on the payment page when posting your question, for our chat here.

I would like to help you and provide value for that fee. For me to best be able to help you, please focus on our conversation here, and please read/reply to my responses, above.

A few moments of patience would be greatly appreciated as the sending of multiple replies and unrelated discussion further delay the system with every additional message.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

Please answer my prior question:

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The other services are via Sky. No problem. The only app I have is Amazon.
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

I'm asking you to please specifically test a different app, on the firestick, other than amazon.

You can use netflix and youtube on the firestick.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Actually I realise that the Amazon app is not via the firestick but via the LG smart TV link
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

Can you please check. It is critical that I have complete and accurate information to properly diagnose and address the issue.

If the tv app isn't working well, but the stick is okay, then simply use the stick for your apps instead.

If both have the issue, that would be an internet connection or speed issue.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I cannot seem to log in to amazon via the firestick. I have fibre so that shouldn't be an issues. Other apps such as BBC iplayer works fine.
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the Firetv system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the Firetv.

Remove the batteries from the Firetv remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, then plug the Firetv power back in (using only the firetv wall adapter, not the tv usb)

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the Firetv remote

power the tv on, and make sure the tv is set to the right input to match where the firetv is connected (hdmi1, hdmi2, etc)

when you see the Firetv logo show on screen, press and hold the PLAY button on the Firetv remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Nathan

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have to do this through the firestick? I cannot just use the App via the smart TV?
Expert:  Nathan replied 16 days ago.

Well I'm asking you to at least try it please. That is part of the diagnostic process to see if the app will work on the stick, even if it isn't working well on the tv.