Cameron
Cameron, Customer Service
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

Hiya my ghd's wont switch on,i know you can send them off

Customer Question

hiya my ghd's wont switch on,i know you can send them off for 24;99 but I need confirmation that this is reliable.
JA: What device is not powering up?
Customer: my ghd's
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: lol where it saysthis info has faded,there the slim line black ones
JA: The Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing just checking the fuse
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no no other problem
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  Cameron replied 11 days ago.

Hi there, my name is Cameron & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer, an independent, paid support website. I know these kinds of things can be really frustrating and I’m sorry you have to deal with this, but I just came across your issue and want to help you as best as I possibly can to try and find a solution! Making sure we can find the best solution or steps forward for you here are my top priorities and I’m reviewing the information you’ve given me now!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I ask that if you would like to provide a rating after this interaction, that this rating you give reflects my customer service only. If something outside of my service makes you unhappy, please don’t give a poor rating to me, as it reflects my service. Instead, please let me know what you’re unhappy with & I will make sure to provide the suggestion to those above me. Thanks so much for this in advance!

As I said above, I’m very sorry to hear about your issue. I hope we can find a solution here for you!

I know it sounds quite simple here, but I recommend this as a first step always. Have you tried unplugging or powering it off here for 10 minutes or so? Unplugging/powering off the device for 10-15 minutes can initiate a 'power cycle' which can often fix these type of issues. Be sure to press & hold the power button on the device itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged/powered off, then release the power button and wait the 10-15 minutes as I said and then power the device back on and try to navigate again.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Still nothing
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok with text
Expert:  Cameron replied 11 days ago.

How old is this device?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
More than 5yr
Expert:  Cameron replied 11 days ago.

Thank you and what's the brand?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This was suppose too help we’ll I am not happy with the help
Expert:  Cameron replied 11 days ago.

I am here to help & still in the information gathering stage here, so please provide the answers to my questions and we can continue.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok will do
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi anything else u need too know
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
GHD’s that’s the brand
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hiya r u still there
Expert:  Cameron replied 11 days ago.

Yes I need the model number

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Right hang on I will have a look
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
4.28
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  Cameron replied 11 days ago.

The hair straightener?