Cameron
Cameron, Customer Service
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

I have forgotten my password on Echo dot. Can you help

Customer Question

I have forgotten my password ***** Echo dot. Can you help please..
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: Echo dot
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Sorry I don't know
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried all of my passwords but none work.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cameron replied 6 days ago.

Hi there, my name is Cameron & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer, an independent, paid support website. I know these kinds of things can be really frustrating and I’m sorry you have to deal with this, but I just came across your issue and want to help you as best as I possibly can to try and find a solution! Making sure we can find the best solution or steps forward for you here are my top priorities and I’m reviewing the information you’ve given me now!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I ask that if you would like to provide a rating after this interaction, that this rating you give reflects my customer service only. If something outside of my service makes you unhappy, please don’t give a poor rating to me, as it reflects my service. Instead, please let me know what you’re unhappy with & I will make sure to provide the suggestion to those above me. Thanks so much for this in advance!

As I said above, I’m very sorry to hear about your issue. I hope we can find a solution here for you!

To reset your password ***** this Echo Dot & Amazon account, follow these steps below please:

1. Go to Password *****.
  2. When prompted, enter the email address or mobile phone number associated with your Amazon account and select Continue. We'll send you an email or SMS (depending on the verification method you've chosen) containing a One Time Password (OTP), to authenticate your request.
  3. Enter the OTP you received and select Continue.
  4. Create a new password.

As soon as you've created a new password, it's active. Your new password ***** ***** all Amazon-related accounts associated with the same email address.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It didn't solve my problem
Expert:  Cameron replied 6 days ago.

Ok I will need more feedback from you than this, please tell me what you tried and what happened.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No thanks. I am now in touch with Amazon.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Please cancel my contract
Expert:  Cameron replied 6 days ago.

I don't deal with this kind of stuff unfortunately, they don’t give me this kind of power. I am simply a technician here who answers questions & finds solutions for people. But what I can say is on the account creation screen here, JustAnswer charges a small fee for the 7-day trial, then charges a monthly membership fee for the next month if the person doesn't cancel before the 7 day trial is up. You can cancel easier on the emails we sent you, or go to https://www.justanswer.com/help/trial-membership.

I wish you the best!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Good
Expert:  Cameron replied 6 days ago.

Thanks!