Cameron
Cameron, Customer Service
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

I have a denon cd receiver ud-m31 and would like to fit an

i have a denon cd receiver ud-m31 and would like to fit an infra red set of headphones to it. Is this possible please, I am quite deaf hence my question?
JA: What Denon model do you have?
Customer: see my question!
JA: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?
Customer: a long time ago i did have such but cannot remember whta it was
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there, my name is Cameron & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer, an independent, paid support website. I know these kinds of things can be really frustrating and I’m sorry you have to deal with this, but I just came across your issue and want to help you as best as I possibly can to try and find a solution! Making sure we can find the best solution or steps forward for you here are my top priorities and I’m reviewing the information you’ve given me now!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I ask that if you would like to provide a rating after this interaction, that this rating you give reflects my customer service only. If something outside of my service makes you unhappy, please don’t give a poor rating to me, as it reflects my service. Instead, please let me know what you’re unhappy with & I will make sure to provide the suggestion to those above me. Thanks so much for this in advance!

As I said above, I’m very sorry to hear about your issue. I hope we can find a solution here for you!

To answer your question, yes as long as your Denon receiver has some kind of output port on the back, this should be able to work! You might need to get an adapter of some sort, but it should work with an optical cable or RCA. I would list the type of headphones you're interested in for me to confirm this as well.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
please tell me what model/type I need to get to be able to use infra red headphones with the denon i have told you i have
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
am i going to get a reply on here i do NOT want to use the telephone I am deaf
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
also I have no idea what type/name of head phones other than I need infra red such that i can move from room to room

Thanks for getting back to me, please ignore the phone call requests as I am not sending those

As I have said, any headphones that utilize the Optical Audio port on your Denon will work, you can use the Optical Out port on the back bottom left area of your Denon receiver and connect the headphones in this way.

Ideally you want to find some Wireless Headphones with an Optical Audio connection.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
thank you, ***** ***** have i to pay for these answers before i sign off please?

I don't deal with this kind of stuff unfortunately, they don’t give me this kind of power. I am simply a technician here who answers questions & finds solutions for people. But what I can say is on the account creation screen here, JustAnswer charges a small fee for the 7-day trial, then charges a monthly membership fee for the next month if the person doesn't cancel before the 7 day trial is up. You can cancel easier on the emails we sent you, or go to https://www.justanswer.com/help/trial-membership.