Cameron
Cameron, Customer Service
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

My Denon CD Receiver RCD-M39DAB has suddenly stopped

My Denon CD Receiver RCD-M39DAB has suddenly stopped working. When switched on, the power light flashes green slowly three times then flashes red quickly until I remove the power cable. Any ideas? Is this worth repairing?
JA: What Denon model do you have?
Customer: RCD M39DAB
JA: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?
Customer: Nothing seems to be 'alive', The CD player isn't ejecting. The radio is dead
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, I have checked the mains fuse which is OK the mains plug is moulded so I can' get into that.

Hi there, my name is Cameron & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer, an independent, paid support website. I know these kinds of things can be really frustrating and I’m sorry you have to deal with this, but I just came across your issue and want to help you as best as I possibly can to try and find a solution! Making sure we can find the best solution or steps forward for you here are my top priorities and I’m reviewing the information you’ve given me now!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I ask that if you would like to provide a rating after this interaction, that this rating you give reflects my customer service only. If something outside of my service makes you unhappy, please don’t give a poor rating to me, as it reflects my service. Instead, please let me know what you’re unhappy with & I will make sure to provide the suggestion to those above me. Thanks so much for this in advance!

As I said above, I’m very sorry to hear about your issue.

This very likely could be a power supply wiring issue, but if you have that many different areas not functioning or receiving any power, then there could be a more serious issue throughout the receiver here that would require a repair The determination of if it's worth repairing will be up to you, how much you want to spend and the costs to repair locally compared to a newer device.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was hoping for a more specific suggestion of what is wrong. As the unit does light for three seconds, before flashing red power is obviously on for a short time. Could there be an internal fuse which has blown?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I guess another £16 is just throwing good money after bad. I will call in at my retailers sometime in the future (post Covid) and try and get ti fixed there. thanks

There is only the main fuse inside this receiver, which you've checked here. I understand you wanted something specific, but sometimes based on the info given, I can only be so specific without being there physically to give more of an assessment