Cameron
Cameron, Customer Service
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

Cannot okay movies, I do have prime,? Amazon stick in Sony

Cannot okay movies, I do have prime
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: ? Amazon stick in Sony Bravia tv
JA: How old is your Bravia?
Customer: About 4 years ni probs before
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: tv menu works , it tries to load the films then gives error message
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?
Customer: license_get_rights_null last night that’s all. Watching normal tv bbc1
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that’s all

Hi there, my name is Cameron & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer, an independent, paid support website. I know these kinds of things can be really frustrating and I’m sorry you have to deal with this, but I just came across your issue and want to help you as best as I possibly can to try and find a solution! Making sure we can find the best solution or steps forward for you here are my top priorities and I’m reviewing the information you’ve given me now!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I ask that if you would like to provide a rating after this interaction, that this rating you give reflects my customer service only. If something outside of my service makes you unhappy, please don’t give a poor rating to me, as it reflects my service. Instead, please let me know what you’re unhappy with & I will make sure to provide the suggestion to those above me. Thanks so much for this in advance!

As I said above, I’m very sorry to hear about your issue. I hope we can find a solution here for you!

If you're having trouble connecting to one or a few of your apps like Amazon Prime Video but not all of the apps on your Smart TV/streaming device, here are some possibilities and steps to follow:

1) I know it sounds quite simple here, but I recommend this as a first step always. Have you tried unplugging it here for 10 minutes or so? Unplugging the TV for 10-15 minutes can initiate a 'power cycle' which can often fix these type of issues with a TV. Be sure to press & hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button. During that time I would double check all the cable connections for devices connected to your TV, unplug those connections and plug them all back in securely. Also unplug all devices from power while you have the TV unplugged. Then plug everything back in and try to navigate again.

2) If this doesn't work, power the TV off and unplug the WIFI router for 3 minutes, then plug it back in for 3 minutes from the power supply, and turn the TV back on to try again.

3) If #1 & #2 don't work, try signing out of your account of the app that's giving you issues, then try signing back in.

4) If all else fails, if your TV/device allows you to download apps, try deleting the app that's giving you issues and then re-download it and try all over again.

5) Try updating the firmware of the Smart TV or streaming device.