Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

How can I put my credit card back into the system to allow 2

How can I put my credit card back into the system to allow 2 books I purchased on the 11 November to go into my kindle.
JA: How long have you had your Kindle?
Customer: I have had it for a long time but when I went to settings on my iPad it said
JA: What have you tried so far with your Apple product?
Customer: i have gone into I cloud at the moment it does not have a credit card listed and it should have,it said if expired which was wrong I wish to insert it back again so the payment can be made for these two books.Do I put in the full numbers on the card plus expiry plus 3 numv
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: whycant you answer this????

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

To do this you must update the details via your computer on your Amazon account.

To do this, please do the below steps.

Visit the page for your account - https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

Log into using your Amazon account (the same Amazon account you have registered on your Kindle)

On the right side select "Settings"

Under 'Kindle Payment Settings' (first option)

Click 'Edit Payment Method'

Change your credit card details.

Restart your Kindle and it will update

It will then be updated

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I cannot find settings you say right hand side?

What do you see now?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I think I am in my Amazon account but on the top it’s just. Got a

If you are in then

On the right side select "Settings"

Click 'Edit Payment Method'

Change your credit card details.

Restart your Kindle and it will update

It will then be updated

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry about that it just got a space to view my account and the basket for number of items.Do I go into me account which I did but cannot find settings.!

You need to go to this link please

https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I cannot sort this out at all I can’t find any settings and the link you gave me I can’t get into.
I will wait so I can speak to someone please. 01689 829281

Can you please click this link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GNQFBWDZJN838JZF

And try to follow it there

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I still can’t understand this at all I am trying to find settings do I go to my settings app on my iPad and start from there.

Do it on a computer instead please, it may be easier for you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I do not have a computer I do all things on iPad.

If you cannot complete the process on the iPad you will have to sorry.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Do I go to settings on the I pad to get this sorted this is really getting me down and you will not pick up the phone I need step by step please which I have written down but the first step is getting to the right settings then I can proceed to install card for kindle payments.I am not very computer literate and this is doing my head in going on so long.

No not settings on the iPad. it is best you do the instructions on a computer please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I said I do not have a computer only an iPad .surely it can’t be that hard.

It is not but if you cannot complete the instructions via your iPad, as there is only one set of instructions to do, you will need to get to a computer to do them please.

There is no other way to do this other then the method I gave.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It can. Be done I have had the thing set up before and thanks for giving up on me.

I am in no way giving up, I kindly ask please you take a moment and follow the steps here

It guides you through step by step, it is not the settings on the iPad you do this but via the web browser please

Take the time to carefully follow the steps as they do work and its the only process to do this.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am confused and give up. I want to install a credit card to play for kindle books via Amazon on a kindle.there has to be a way via I pad . I am getting very vert up tight . Going around in circles.
Can someone please revert to me email the answer to this***@******.***.

I am sorry to hear that but this is the only process to do it

There is no other method sorry.