Cameron
Cameron, Customer Service
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

I have bought a new ultimate ears. I lost the last one...

I have bought a new ultimate ears. I lost the last one... left it in a hotel! The new one won't connect to Bluetooth on my iPhone. I press the Bluetooth pairing button and my iPhone looks for BOOM3 but after a few seconds the iPhone says "connection unsuccessful - make sure BOOM3 is turned on and in range". Please can you help me connect my iPhone. Thanks, ***** ***** + 44*****Richard Graham Hine.
JA: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your Apple device?
Customer: I do not know
JA: When did you last reboot?
Customer: What should I reboot please?
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thanks for connecting me with the Mac Expert. There is nothing else I want him to know
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello there! I hope you’re doing well so far today! My name is Cameron & I am a tech expert here with JustAnswer, an independent, paid support website. As an expert, I have 10+ years of experience helping people learn, use, and fix all of their electronics, and I’ve helped over 5,000 different customers throughout this time!

I know these kinds of issue with technology can be really frustrating, especially when it seems there is no solution. I am sorry you have to deal with this, but I’m here to help! I just want to help you as best as I possibly can to try and find a solution, and if we can’t find a solution, I can at least provide you with the best steps to take next!

Unfortunately this is the case with many Bluetooth products, the connection issues I mean. It's completely normal and just requires some patience and finessing.

I know it sounds quite simple here, but I recommend this as a first step always. Power off the headphones and the smartphone for 10 minutes, can initiate a 'power cycle' which can often fix these type of issues. Then power the smartphone back on and turn on the Bluetooth function on the phone's settings, then power on the headphones, press the pairing button on the headphones and try to connect again and you should have no problem! If you have a problem, click the blue 'i' next to the headphone's name on your iPhone screen, then click Forget Device. Then after this, repeat my instructions above one more time and reconnect, and let me know how it goes so we can make sure this is solved for you!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am looking forward to your call
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for your message. I will follow your instructions and let you know how it goes.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I prefer not to incur further costs so we can continue via chat. Thanks
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I switched iPhone and BOOM box off. Then turned them on. I tried pairing and the iPhone still says "Connection unsuccessful. Make sure BOOM 3 is turned on and in range". Please advise
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My airpods connect to my iPhone so the bluetooth is working

I am not available for a phone call at the moment, I am only able to help you here in the chat. If you’re receiving this request, you can ignore it as I am not sending this. We can continue here in the chat no problem

Please be patient here as I respond as soon as I can

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I prefer to continue via chat

If my first instructions didn't work, please follow the instructions to 'Forget Device" for the Boom on your iPhone's bluetooth menu, then turn them off and on again and try pairing again, but you must hold the BOOM pairing button when trying this time.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I asked iPhone to forget device. then turned off. I turned on again and tried pairing holding down the BOOM pairing button. The iPhone is looking for other devices but does not find the BOOM.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Re above message: I turned off BOOM and iPhone
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Are you continuing to help me? I look forward to your next suggestions

There is really only one way to do this, which is how I've described it above. I know it's frustrating and unfortunately Bluetooth is quite weak and unreliable. You have to keep trying this until it work, or return the device if you think it's defective.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It finally connected. Thanks.
I have paid £5 for your service but do not need to continue now the problem is solved. How do I terminate our agreement please?

I'm happy this worked!

I don't deal with this kind of stuff unfortunately as far as accounts go, they don’t give me this kind of power. I am simply a technician here who answers questions & finds solutions for people. But what I can say is on the account creation screen here, JustAnswer charges a small fee for the 7-day trial, then charges a monthly membership fee for the next month if the person doesn't cancel before the 7 day trial is up. You can cancel easier on the emails we sent you, or go to https://www.justanswer.com/help/trial-membership.