Kat
Kat, Customer Service
Experience:  Technical Lead
110517830

I have a &W Zeppelin 30pin speaker that has decided to stop

Customer Question

Hi, I have a B&W Zeppelin 30pin speaker that has decided to stop working, and ideally, I'd like someone to look at it to see if something on the circuit board has blown so that we can repair it.
JA: How long have you had your 30PIN?
Customer: oooh, 7 years
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: called B&W, who were pretty useless as they'd rather try sell me a new one, but did suggest contacting an electronic technician to take a look
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it really
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  DIKSHA GUPTA replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Diksha and I am a specialist with over1  year of experience. I’m more than happy to help, please just give me a moment to review the details of your question.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What's your suggestion?

Thanks for waiting.

You can check weather there is any short circuit or not by using multimeter.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
This clearly not going to sort out how to fix the speaker as I'm not a technician with tools to do this
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 15 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the make and model of the speaker?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Andrew, the speaker is a Belkin and Wilkin Zeppelin (chrome back) speaker with 30pin Apple arm for iPod.
Expert:  Cameron replied 15 days ago.

We specialize in dealing with customers like you who have issues at home that need solutions. However because we are not affiliated with any other companies or organizations, we are not able to provide any specific stores or places where you can get this fixed, because we won't recommend any business we don't know.

With that being said, I do recommend you use Google Maps here to locate the best place to repair this device. By going to Google Maps, you can type in "tech repair near me" and it will bring up a map and list of all available options in your local area, equipped with ratings and contact information!

Expert:  Kat replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to JA, sorry to hear your speaker is no longer working. I see the previous expert has opted out so I will take over the question and assist you with your query.

Since the speaker has a hardware fault it will need sent away for repair, you can arrange repair by calling 0800(###) ###-#### With that said the repair cost is likely to make it uneconomical in my view due to its age and therefore would see what they quote for repair before deciding if you wish to replace.

Do let me know if you need anything clarified.