Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot all consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I had to have a new card and have given Amazon a new card

Customer Question

I had to have a new card and have given Amazon a new card but my Kindle is not accepting it
JA: How long have you had your Kindle?
Customer: over 5 years
JA: What have you tried so far with your Amazon product?
Customer: i entered my new card then it asked me to validate it and put it in again but screen freezes and no letters or numbers show and even when I click on screen nothing happens
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no nothing else thank you
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 18 days ago.

I'm sorry about your kindle issue. I'm glad to assist you today. To confirm, you'd like to update your card for your kindle. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on kindle for about 45 seconds, and then turn it back on and check. If that does not work, please click on the website below (on a computer or tablet or smartphone):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/mycd

There, click on option Preferences near there top. Then click on option Edit Payment Method. Then scroll down, and then you can add your new card there, then continue.

- (If there is still any problem, try the above website on a computer.)

Please let me know if there is still any error or message. Thank you for your patience.