Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I've had my portastudio for a while but not used it

Customer Question

I've had my portastudio for a while but not used it before.When I tried t fire it up it said "Invalid Card", and then when I competred the formatting ofd th SD card it wouldnt do anythign else.Might this juyst bhe an SD card problem, or has someine dropped t reh machine delivering it to me?If the latter is there warranty assistamce available or do I have to eitger deliver it for repair or get someine out
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: tascam DP32SD
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing.I couldnt get it beyond darc formatting. Do I just buy a new card or does it sound like there's something more fundamental?
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 8 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the error message you get after trying to format the memory card? 

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you have a query relating to an SD Card which prompts Invalid Card. I would suggest this may be a problem with the card itself, however, I would suggest you try to format the card first as this can also resolve the problem if there is simple corruption to do so, please see the instructions I have attached below.

1. Open Windows Explorer. Press Win+E to do this instantly.
  2. Insert your SD card into the card reader.
  3. Right-click on the SD card's icon and select Format.
  4. Choose exFAT as the file system.
  5. Give your card a volume label of your choosing.
  6. Uncheck quick format. 
  7. Select Start and wait for the format to complete.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew